Need to find someone on Tinder in a hurry? Studies have shown 45% of users are in long-term relationship or dating someone. Shockingly, it also shows 30% of are married!
This article will show you how to find someone on Tinder using just an email address or username. No nonsense, no wasting your time; we’ll show you 3 ways to quickly find someone on Tinder for free.
- In your profile, go to your Settings and select the search preferences.
- Reduce and narrow down the search preference to a particular area, including the age or other specific traits of the person you are trying to find.
- Tinder tries to prevent you from searching for specific people, but you can do it with some know-how.
- Or, simply run the username through UserSearch.org to save all the hassle!
Tinder Searching For Registered Users
You can easily search for a specific person on Tinder (internally) if you’re matched with that person. To search for someone in your match list, tap the message bubble icon on the main screen. Then, press and pull down the screen until a search bar appears. Type that person’s name in the search bar. ”
You can try to modify your settings via trial and error. To determine if that person will pop into your searches but it’s not an ideal method. Traditionally, to find a user on Tinder, you’d have to do it via a third party.
What does Tinder make Public?
By understanding what Tinder makes available to see public without being a registered user, you can kind of work out what information can be searched using their internal search tool. Although, if you are in a bit of a rush, you can quickly find someone on tinder by typing their username into our search engine.
1) Find Tinder Users With Background Information
The more information you gather on the person before searching, the easier it will be to find their profile on Tinder. We guess the amount of prior information will vary greatly, depending on the situation.
If you want to find out if a person you’re dating has a hidden profile for cheating, you are all set. You’ll have all the information you need to find someone on Tinder; however, if you’re looking for an old classmate or a co-worker that you’d like to hook up with, your going to have to resign yourself to a lot more search attempts.
One method you can use to test out some usernames is using the main search bar and entering the user. Type in the username into the URL bar like this: www.tinder.com/@[username] and check out the result. If you have no luck, try different variations and see what you get. It’s common to find users using the same usernames and information across other sites, so it’s always worth trying out.
2) Search Tinder by Location
Another way is to change the settings and preferences on your account so the user you’re looking for will ideally come up as a match. This is how you do that:
- Set your preferences on gender to match their gender
- Update your age preference to match the person you’re looking for. If you’re unsure, try a guess and change by a year until you get a match.
- Update your page, so it matches the location of your target, so Tinder considers them local to you.
- Run a new search and keep swiping through all the matches. While looking carefully at each Tinder profile for the profile, you are interested in. If you’re not getting much luck, try updating the age, location, and rinse-repeat.
All these suggestions give you a good chance of finding the Tinder profile, but it’s not perfect. This is due to the Tinder algorithm not being publicly known to us. We can never be sure how they match people, it’s a trade secret. You could not be finding the Tinder profile 1) because you’re settings just are not configured to match, 2) The user you’re looking for is simply not on Tinder! That’s why it’s sometimes helpful to try a third party.
3) Search Tinder with other tools
More commonly, there are two main kinds of third-party tools other than Tinder to find a person. The first is Tinder-specific tools that try to pull out information from profiles on Tinder. If there is a used one on Tinder, that is. These tools typically charge per search and vary in how effective they are. Given your strategy, maybe test and trial to find the profile; this method can get expensive quickly.
Generally, the best option is to use a bespoke Username search tool. UserSearch lets you run as many searches as you want without any limitations. That’s great for trying out alternatives. It also has a specific dating site search to easily allow you to ignore false positives that may pop up from other social networks. However, it would be wise for you to try and gather as much information as possible. If you gather by searching social media and forum websites on UserSearch, which can further educate your searching.
Why is background information helpful on Tinder?
People search tools can tell you who you’re dealing with, bringing up everything from their marital status (yep, some married people secretly use Tinder) to criminal history.
Knowing that you’re not dealing with a scammer, a cheater, or someone who’s downright dangerous can give you some needed peace of mind before you take things to the next level.
People search tools help give you the truth of a Username or person by showing you the extra information you may not have known (such as if a person is married and on Tinder). If you know you’re not dealing with a potential scammer, cheater, or someone who’s utterly dodgy, you can relax a bit after the searching. However, these evil people are good at using different usernames and online identities to trick you, so keep that third eye open!
4) Find someone on Tinder without an account
You can use three main methods to find anyone you like on tinder, but without actually registering an account.
- Use a reverse lookup tool like UserSearch.
- Search by entering their username within the URL
- Use Google to search for their username by using the double “” symbols.
5) Use Google to search Tinder
It’s pretty easy to use Google for searching Tinder, plus it’s free! It’s not the best results-wise, but it’s worth trying before you pay for a service. You can do this in three simple steps:
- Visit Google.com
- Type in the search field: site: tinder/[the person you’re looking for].
- Check check out the results.
If you know usernames they tend to use online, you will have a much higher chance of finding them. If you don’t..then it’s worth running a few variations and seeing if you get lucky!
Further Reading on dating site lookups
If you find this helpful article, we have a few more on checking if your partner is on a dating website. We also discuss signs to keep an eye out for to determine if they are cheating. We also teach you to search deeper online to find hidden dating profiles.